Full stack web framework
Provides everything you need for building a modern dynamic web application or a REST-ful web service.
- Convention over configuration - zero configuration is required to develop ActiveWeb applications, and some conventions are overridable.
- Highest degree of developer productivity - ActiveWeb allows developers to build real Java web projects without the need for the typical compile/package/deploy/start cycle. A container is started once, and development can continue. ActiveWeb will recompile controllers and reload them into a running container on the fly.
- Adherence to Java standards - ActiveWeb binds to core Java standards: JDBC and Servlets.
- First-rate built-in testing capabilities - ActiveWeb provides the ability to test every discrete business function, including data generated by business logic, the content and structure of generated HTML/JSON/XML/XYZ, and complex user scenarios, all without having to start a container. ActiveWeb is perfect for true TDD/BDD, and it promotes writing specifications (tests) before coding implementations.
- Full stack web development platform - unlike many other Java frameworks, which usually solve only one problem, ActiveWeb is a full stack development framework for the Web. It provides all features that are integrated together.
- Integrated dependency injection - ActiveWeb integrates Google Guice as a dependency injection container.
- ActiveWeb uses ActiveJDBC as ORM layer - ActiveWeb uses ActiveJDBC as ORM layer. This is a lightweight integration, and both frameworks work very well together. However, developers still have the option of using a different ORM package if desired.
Follow to: ActiveWeb documentation
5 minute video to understand ActiveWeb
Watch a quick video on Youtube that demonstrates ActiveWeb's ability to add code to the application dynamically, at run time.
Direct link to video on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX1TAtuSqQE
Quick guide to ActiveWeb
To get a quick idea on what this is about, see Five Minute Guide To ActiveWeb
Please, refer to ActiveWeb Releases.
How to download
1 2 3 4 5
Use direct link in Maven Central
SupportFor support, please refer to ActiveWeb Google Groups
How to comment
The comment section below is to discuss documentation on this page.
If you have an issue, or discover bug, please follow instructions on the Support page